This Jesse Boykins III "Show Me Who You Are" Single Is So Refreshing
Jesse's "Love Apparatus" is out Apr. 22.
Jesse Boykins III is gearing up to drop his album Love Apparatus out April 22nd, and today he's premiering "Show Me Who You Are" produced by Machinedrum. The heavy hitting, atmospheric production paired with Jesse's spine-tingling, soulful vocals is a must hear. Fans of Frank Ocean, D'Angelo, and Maxwell, rejoice—you've got a new favorite on your hands.
His documentary, also titled "Love Apparatus," is set to be released later this year, and has been in the process of creating for the last four years. He's asked women from across the worldthe same set of questions—from Kilo Kish to girls on the street in Spain. In tune with the premiere, Jesse asked me to fill out the same questionairre with the first answers that popped into my head, which I did below:
1. What do you love about being a woman? "Not being a man. Just kidding, everything."
2. Long term lust or short term love: "Long term lust"
3. Tell me the 1st time you experienced the emotions lust and the feelings that came with? "Two years ago when I met my soulmate. Feeling complete."
4. Beauty or danger: "Beauty"
5. Climax or balance: "Climax"
6. Structure or chaos: "Structure"
7. All the things you love about a man? All the things you hate about a man? "Intellect, strength, compassion. Arrogance."
8. Do you have a paper perfect? A list of things you look for in a lover or spouse. "Never that."
9. When I say the words love apparatus whats the first thing that comes to mind? "A bed."
10. Do you like smiling? "Nope, makes me look like a chipmunk."
Check out "Show Me Who You Are" on iTunes now.