Meyhem Lauren - "10 Dollar Lap Dances" (Prod. Harry Fraud) (Noisey Exclusive)By Noisey Staff
Meyhem Lauren is from Queens, stays dipped in Polo, raps like a defensive lineman trying to plow down a quarterback, and he's really good friends with Action Bronson. In other words, we love Meyhem Lauren more than a few peripheral members of our families. Laurenovich, who also goes by the top-tier nickname Mr. Thanksgiving, decided to bless us with a Thanksgiving treat in the form of "10 Dollar Lap Dances," off his upcoming mixtape Mandatory Brunch Meetings, due out December 6th on Greedhead and Mishka. Peep the full Mandatory Brunch Meetings tracklisting below the "10 Dollar Lap Dances" stream.
In the spirit of the holiday, here are a few things "10 Dollar Lap Dances" makes us thankful for:
—Harry Fraud, who might be our favorite producer working right now, completely outdid himself on this beat, which keeps threatening to devolve into Noise Rap before swinging back into total smoothness.
—Meyhem Lauren bragging about how he and his friends go to strip clubs and make strippers sad because even though they look like straight money they're not going to tip more than anybody else.
—The phrase, "WE IN HERE," which has totally different connotations than, "WE OUT HERE."
—The line, "You're a boat and I'm a portable island" as well as the entire rest of the song.
—Lauren puts the exact right amount of food references in this to help us remember that it's Thanksgiving and we get to eat a hilarious amount of food today.
MANDATORY BRUNCH MEETINGS
1) MANDATED PARTICIPANTS PRODUCED BY ATG
2) 10 DOLLAR LAP DANCES PRODUCED BY HARRY FRAUD
3) GET THAT MONEY BLACK PRODUCED BY DJ TWO STACKS & NOVA
4) KELLY KAPOWSKI PRODUCED BY ATG
5) THOUSAND DOLLAR GYM SHOES FEAT. ACTION BRONSON PRODUCED BY TOMMY MAS
6) SILK AND LEATHER RAP FEAT. GABBIE GIFTSZ PRODUCED BY ATG
7) CEDAR PLANK SALMON PRODUCED BY DJ UNEEK
8) BEAUTIFUL AREOLAS PRODUCED BY J-LOVE
9) BRAND NAME MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY ALCHEMIST
10 )PERSIAN RUGBY'S PRODUCED BY MIKE FINITO
11) STEWED RABO FEAT. ACTION BRONSON & AG DA CORONER PRODUCED BY TOMMY MAS
12) BURGUNDY GUESS JEANS PRODUCED BY ATG
13) SECRET ANGLE PRODUCED BY FALSIDE
14) BROOKLYN QUEENS DAY FEAT. MAFFEW RAGAZINO PRODUCED BY ATG
15) CARVEL FEAT. HEEMS, LAKUTIS, & NESS PRODUCED BY MIKE FINITO
16) GUNS IN THE PLAYPEN FEAT. GABBIE GIFTSZ PRODUCED BY ICEROCKS
17) FDR MUSIC FEAT CARRIE WILDS AND HOLOGRAM PRODUCED BY ATG
If R. Kelly Makes Us So Uncomfortable, Why Do We Keep Listening?
This is art we're talking about, and it's as real as you allow it to be.
Britney Spears: Capitalism's Last Stand
At last, the Queen has found her domain.
The Real Rick Ross Stands Up
We met with the ex-crack kingpin, who told us stories from his drug dealing days and gave us an exclusive excerpt from his upcoming autobiography.
Sorry, Dudes. The Ladies Won Punk This Year.
These are the women who kicked a particularly large amount of ass in 2013.
2013: The Most OK Year Ever
Kitty Pryde reflects on her sort of shitty, sort of amazing 2013.
Cam'ron is Still Harlem's Diplomat
We met with the Golden Boy and spoke wi
YG: Krazy, Sexy, Kool
As he readies his debut studio album, the Cali rapper talks about just how krazy his life is.
When Kellz Freezes Over
We flew down to Atlanta to interview R. Kelly. Like everything in the world of Kellz, nothing went as planned, but it still felt right.
Frank Turner Dragged Me to the Weirdest Show I've Ever Been to
Sometimes you end up at interactive dance parties in Brooklyn basements with cat people.
Kevin Morby's Midwest Heart
The former Woods player and Babies member opens up about his love-hate relationship with New York, and how the internet is eating our souls.